Sunday, November 05, 2006

my morning taxi ride

Traveling by cab is convinient.They take you from your door,and drop you at the lobby.Well,this is some experience that I went through on my morning ride.I will book the taxi earlier a night before and they will come on time down stair patiently wait for me,or sometimes,i just hail any of them at the roadside.Thank god,in this country,to get them is not a problem.Seldom cabbie say "sana jem lah,saya tak pergi" OR "i tak lalu sana lah,you bayar extra ".Seldom.Or shall I say never?That good.And the best thing is,unlike my country,they don't charge you "ikut sukati mak pak depa",but all taxi will use the meter installed ,you will never get cheated on the fare.Even big Merc taxi also available,with only 20 cents extra compare to normal cab.I have met so many cabbie in the morning that sent me to work.Some good ,some average some bad.Good and bad are interm of attitude and driving manner.when I was first arrive in this country,I found their attitude on the road are much much better that KL taxi driver..(interms of driving manner).I felt they are more laid back,not speedy,not overtake dangerously.But still my Japanese collegue still say "kowai" with them.He said,why do they drive like crazy?Fair enough,he comparing with Tokyo/japanese driver and I am comparing it to some mad KL taxi driver.BUT,in recent,I don't see their different anymore.More or less,they are just teh same with KL cabbie.I often have to close my eyes when they over take lorry and follow the front car very very closely.Serious!I hate this type of driver!...Serious!!................I feel like to kick them out.Can I??Can I...?
Well,on something I like on my morning ride is ,when the taxi passby PSA...Singapore port.I can see big big ship..I like sea.I like those view.So scenic in the early morning.Kapal-kapal besar,dengan lampu-lampu menyala di pagi hari...cool..I can see loads of ship from all over the world park at the port.With big big container?..contena?Haks! I will look at those view from the window,every morning without failed.
Well,talk bout cabbie,some talkative,even not stop talking about the neighbour country economics (oh,i hate this!) from their very own view(annoying i tell you, as If he know our country better than us),some are normal friendly,fed you with some info needed,or some are just deadly quiet.If you think this country is small,so they know teh road at the back at their hand,you are wrong.Every morning,I have to get myself to the same destination(unless the office suddently move to elsewhere..),but some driver will send me using different route.
Ha...this one I notice since from the beginning is,the cabbie will ask you,where to,follow by WHICH ROAD MAAM?...What de hell he think I know which route/road to use to reach my destination.But every time I take taxi,this "using which road maam"is always being asked.Errk!
I was from the airport,what make he think I know my way?Do they ask this question to mat salleh too?..But on my morning ride,now I can happily say,follow AYE ah(highway..path..erk..), then the journey go smooth sailing.But,not all time dear....I have this experience at very recent...
The story began like this..
I was frantically get ready to work as my alarm clock dead!Stop to ring.When I open to my eyes..Oh..ya tuhan..oh my god!..Awat dah cerah sangat nih!..aiaiiaiaiaiiaiiAAii...I jumped out from my bed , took shower..and in less then 20 minutes,I was at the road side,hailed a taxi.I got one after 5 minutes-god knows-how-its-longest-waiting-ever as I am already late.I hope in and "One Raffles Link,follow AYE please..",and starting to apply my little touch up to my face..Pheww!
BUT...
"Maaam...which direction is that?.....This is my second day at work.."he gigled.
What!??..IS this so funny?This is NOT FUNNY for sure...
"Ok..you follow AYE..."..and yes..he missed the junction!..well..I am lost!..he lost!..so he just move his car to the city centre direction which is right...my office is at city centre,but do we need really follow city centre which u know the trafiic could be mean...loads of trafic lights..loads of car..well..This is not the best part yet.
Teh best part is,both of us lost as he is on his second day at work as cabbie,and of course I don't knwo the way and loads of one way ...*sighhhhh....
So,this is teh best part,the taxi driver stop his car at the road side legally and illegaly a few times and he instruct me to get out from the car and ask the direction to get to my destination from people at the road side,or even to another cabbie.Boleh gituh??..So,I am with my high heels,say hi here and there asking direction and my taxi driver watching me from the taxi gigling.Do I want to kill him at that time?YES!..I am sweating in my office atire..because of hot wether,hot temper and the thought of being late as I have something important to do in the morning...Okay,enough ranting,I manage to reach the office with 30 minutes late.The cabbie keep apology to me,and give me 30% OFF of the fareas its really really exceed than my normal fare to office,but I just say.."never mind uncle,just give me the receipt.My office pay for this.Do not worry.And wish you luck on your next customer..."....phewwwww!!..............

No comments:

Post a Comment