In the books ,there is a line said by Giovanni "Please lie to me that you have eat it, eventhough you don't ",knowing that Julia Robert is going to Naples.
And in the movie, itself,Julia Robert has said " I am having a relationship with my food now", while she was having that Margherita...something like that lahhhhh....
"I am going to Naples!!", I said that to myself while reading TOP 10 BEST PIZZERIA IN NAPOLI ,ITALY POSSIBLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD.
And all I heard from the person on my right side cubicle was "wow!Climbing the Himalaya!!.."
And .."Nice place!I have been there twice , and mannn....breathtaking view..but you have to do some training though..its hard but worth it!"..a guy voice from my left cubicle..and in a minute, I got a lecture about climbing a mountain bla bla bla..
Errrrrr......
HOLD ON dudeeeee!
I am not talking about Nepal,but I am talking about Naples, or Napoli, .And I am not ambitious to climb any mountain yeahhhh.Never...errr
But, I am going to Naples to eat..
Ok.Ok...I better use the word Napoli ( Thats how Italian called it) so people don't missunderstood me....
So, pizza was originated in this city.
But, this pizzeria has already been in top rating before the movie was film there..The locals knew it..
“La Vera Pizza” of Naples has a few basic golden rules:
- it can only be cooked in wood burning brick ovens
- the crust has to be soft and light, that’s why the dough is made the day before it’s used, allowing the yeast to rise for at least 10/15 hours
- the pizzaiolo (pizza maker) must be a real maestro, the dough stretching technique is essential and you need at least 2/3 years of apprenticeship to become a pizzaiolo
- The pizzerias that make the traditional pizza “verace” are members of the Pizza Napoletana Association
And,the recipe for Margherita prepared according to a recipe of Italian Chef Raffaelle Esposito,first made in 1899 when Queen Margherita visited Naples.The ingredient is pizza dough ,tomato,mozzarella cheese,basil, (Italian flag ,remember?)..and infact,if you don't follow this,it is against the law.Enough about the boring facts, that everyone can just Google from the internet..
Now, its time to transport myself there...
I reached Fiumicino Airport ,Rome ( Roma) around 10AM ,2 hours 15 minutes flight from Athens,and after the confused baggage claim system ,langguage that I couldn't understand, I got a ticket to Termini, central train station for Rome.
Me: 1 ticket to TeRRrrrmini please?
Guy : Good!14 euros please, and here is your ticket.
**The lady infront of me was pissed off when she pointed "Termini " in her guide book to get a ticket there, and the guy said "How can I sell you a ticket if you can't pronounce it???".
Guy : Say it..TeRRRrrrrmini...
Me,the lady,the American guy behind me.."TERRRRRRRRMini!!!!!
kihkih.
People do not queue!Anddd..mannnnn...I am going to follow the rest...rushhhh in.
And its not a modern train( hmmm..like an MRT in Singapore or atlest Athens) ,but there is a hugeeeee gap between the platfrom and the train,and a small stair case to climb.
And its 14 euros???serious..I am soOOoo want to complain. hahahhaa.
Heloooo..my luggage( err..bag pack ) is so heavy ,that kind of impossible to lift it up.I hate myself for not being able to travel light.Entah mak nenek apa ek aku bawak?????
So,dalam susah payah,aku merempuh lah macam orang lain kannnnnn,kalau tak,sampai besok gaknya aku tersadai kat situh,kebetulan banayk flight baru sampai,ramainya orang ,yarobbiii.
And it was so many people and I couldn't place my bag at the proper place,and its become obstacle to commuter that a guy just lift it up and put it on the overheard compartment..
WOW..Thank you for your kindness..
But...along the journey..aku dok fikir..tinggi siallllll,camne aku nak turunkan bag aku tuhh..dah lah berattt...kalau aku baut sengsorang,boleh terbunuh akuuu..Uhuksss..uhukssss...
Alhamdullilahh,another guy who sit infront of me, has help me to take it down AND lift it out from train when we reached Termini Station.Hiks...Muchas Graciasss!!
And...all the machine only accept credit card.I realise that after I pushed few buttons..destination..napoli..timing..12.49....oh shhhhhh..only credit card?
I had bad experience using credit card abroad,so if possible,for small purchase,I want to use hard cash $$$.I asked the lady beside me.."Only credit card??" ..and she said "Yess,looks like it..",she is American from her accent..
ANdddddddddd...
Out of nowhere...a short guy appear ( too short for an Italian ) and he pointed me "Hi!You can use cash there,to buy ticket.." and I follow him..
"Ohhh..is it..stupid me...thanks..", and I kind of confuse and it took me awhile to think,which button to press..and he suddently come over and press the button for Naples...12.49PM..
Hey!!How coudl he possibly know that I am going to Napoli, and at 12.49PM??
What is he???I didn't see him anywhere nearby earlier..or I was panicked/confuse etc???
**errrr..I am not good in direction ,panicky , kind of person..who will acctually look left,right ..try to read map when I reach any station,and still confuse after 5 minutes..hehheheheh!
So,it is very important to me to stay alert,because I am an easy target of professional pick pocket in Rome..or anywhere..hmm..in europe..errr..the pick pocket job are listed as a "illegal" professional job there i heard..they are so so so professional that u even do not know when they got your things..seriously.
To make my story short ,I got my ticket to Napoli..,he ask for money as he has helped me..So I give him 1 euros..and he wave his hand to me..and dissapeared..
ehhhh..the train kan..banaykkk gila melalui terowong....GELAP 100% pitch dark...many many timess....dalam train pon tak bukak lampu ok..apa punya system nii...taulah aku cuma bayor 10 euro jer kan...tapi..keji ekk...kalau terowong tuh runtuhh...memang imposisble ok orang nak jumpa ko....
hmm...Balik ker Rome on next few days tuh,terus aku naik Eurostar..It WAS freakingggggg 45 Euro for 1 hour journey !!!!!!
Tried to learn some Italian ..miyahhhahaa..ZZzzzzz..after 5 minutes..kihkih
Ehhhhh....helloo sirrrr..incase you forgotttt...I am the one who paying here..
hehehehehehe""""""
Aku lucky gila laaaa,sebab, lepas aku habis makan,kedai tuh dah kehabisan doh,and nak tutup kedai dahhh...nyesal pulok tak tapau yang Marinara punya type.....
yerr..kedai ni,kalau dah habis dough,wlwlpon awal lagi,dia tutup noks..kalau nak pi,make sure jgn lewat dari pukol 4 petang lahhhh..di takuti,kempunan aja karanggg...
Local say it as De-Mi-ke-le
I ordered margherita..NORMAL !Turned out...normal ni lah paling kecik..mak aiiiiii....
I saw people around me...eat them and finish it around 5 minutes...biarrr betollllll...
Ala-ala cheese dia masih menggelegak gituhhhh ( over ekkkk?)..
READYYYYYyyy????? It crispy on the dough, and moist and melttttt in your mouthhhhhh....
Cik Kiahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....cik temahhhh...ko patut cubaaaaa nokssss!!!
Oh YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm.Finally..I got to eat themmm....
After a hardworkk/confusion/long journey... bla bl blaaaaaa
Mestilah kena inspect dapornyer yer dokkkk...tempat membakorrr nyerr
I will comeback again...
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Was it worth the jouney all the way down there?Yes mam!

Lawaklah... siap masuk dapur! hehe. Macam takde orang ne. Kalau kat Jepun tu sure orang dah beratur panjang gila. Orang depa sure dah tak heran kan.
ReplyDeleteIi ne. Oishii margherita tabetai...
Coy,
ReplyDeleteTime tuh dah tutup..just nice aku habis makan,depa dah kemas2x..about 5.30PM...
Ddengarnyaaaa,orang selaluuuu beratur panjanggg..
Tuh aku doki2x takut doh dia habis and tutup awal( aku baca kat Lonely Planet forum)..
tabetai neee..mataaaaaa