It was very very early morning when I left my room in Athens ( hujan pulak tu!) for Rome as I have to catch morning flight.I took airport bus from Syntagma Square to Eleftherios Venizelos Airport.It cost me 5 euro..or was it 4 euro?
It was 6.45AM when I try to check in at Aegean Air counter.
"Parakalou "..and I give her my passport..
And she smile and say a longggggg sentence in Greek and I was 'teng teng teng"..mak faham ke noks?????
The lady took my passport and trying to search my name/my booking..whatever it was,and she tried like more than 5 times and looks like she couldn't find it.
I was like...."whaaaaaaaaaaatttt?" .Berdebarrrr macam jantung aku dah guling2x jatuh atas lantai..I show her the website booking print out with the booking confirmation number but she said,it is not necessesary.I booked myself from Aegean website ,couldn't be a mistake..?Hmmm.I change my flight to a day earlier ,but I got a confirmation already so I do not worry much,but her facial expression made my heart pumping!!!
Tak ada ker?????????
And I started getting impatient and if she still couldn't find it inthe next 30 second, I am going to "hello..parakalou !Can I borrow your keyboard?Let me find it..".Hahaha.
She started to say things is Greek ..which obviously I do not understand.
But thank god, she found it.But, she made my heart pumping again after flipping my passport ..
"Where is your VISA?.."she asked me while one finger on my passport, and the other on her thick glasses.With her eyes wide open.
"I do not need visa..".I smiled at her.
What she meant was,the visa for Rome.
"Which country are you?",she still not convince.
"I am from Malaysia...".pointing to the pasport.
"No visa????!!!..Where is Malaysia?",she pout to me ,and kitai2x passport aku..eh! eh ! eh !!
AT that point, I really want to punch her,but no lahhh...it still too early..early morning to have an energy ....
"Do you know Singapore?Do you know Thailand?"...she nodded her head.
"Malaysia is in between them, and we are Commonwealth country,so, we do not need visa."I explained.
"Hmmmm.....", she flipping again my passport again...
An for some unknown reason,she convinced and proceed.
When Greek people nod their head..you don't bother to assume that they understand it..because when they nod the head ( its more like "you watch out!!!kind of expression) it means NO.
Their YES is Nehhhhh ( kind of Nooooo or Neeeeoooooo,sekali dengor).
And their NO is Oki ...( kind of Okayyyyy,sekali dengor).
HAHAHAHHAhahahhaa....
But anyhow,I landed safely at Fiumicino Airport, Rome(ROMA), safely,after 2 hour 15 mins direct flight...
Amooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Romaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..
Sunday, May 08, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ii na Greece. Masa aku kat London hari tu I saw a group of Greek high school students dlm bus dgn card board "Please Visit Greece!". Depa excited gila bila kita org lambai balik. Kawaikatta! Greece ni ikitakunatta...
ReplyDeleteCoy..
ReplyDeleteI never thought of going to Greece yo!
It was just an impulse decision i made..
I need a break and where to??????AHAHAHHAHHA...Bu I glad I did.
Kawaiii jer the way they do promotion "Pls visit Greece".. surely i think people should visit Greece.. I only there for 5 days and visited a couple of cities..so I plan to comeback yo..lets go !